Friday, March 04, 2005

It snowed this morning

It snowed this morning


It's been threatening it all week. We've had a few occasions where it's started to snow then it stopped. It hasn't really settled at all though, at least not in the centre of town. One only has to watch the news reports though to know that it's coming. When I woke this am, I looked out at around 7ish and it was a clear as anything. An hour later I opened my front door and there it was, settling on the ground like candy floss. It made this mornings trip to work quite delightful, memories of Christmasses as a kid, sledging with my Dad and sister on the slopes of Outwood Lane by Banstead Woods. I got to work, dried off and took this pic from the tearoom window.
It didn't last, half an hour later it stopped, rained and it all was gone. Maybe it will snow again over the weekend. On the one hand I hope so because it makes London look so pretty and I want to go and take some more pics of nice things, but on the other hand, it's gonna make driving around a real bastard so not looking forward to that.

No comments: