Total volume of music files on my computer is: 21.53gigs (5524 files in 426 folders to be precise) and like Barnaby’s it is a VERY eclectic mix of stuff.
Last CD I bought: Black Box Recorder – The facts of Life
Last CD downloaded: Antony & The Johnsons – I am a bird now
Song playing right now: You are my Sister, from the previous album. Haunting, wonderful and a perfect duet between Antony and Boy George
Five songs that mean a lot to me:
- Elton John – Daniel. No one ever forgets their first love, and mine was Daniel when I was 16. Ever since Daniel has been one of my favourite names, one of those names that sort of makes me go weak at the knees when I know I’m going to meet someone of that name.
- Marianne Faithful – Sister Morphine. I so wish that I had been a teenager in the 60’s summer of love and all that. I think that hippy lifestyle would have suited me perfectly.
- Pink Floyd – Dark Side of the Moon. The whole album. Having seen it performed live twice in 1994 in Paris and London, it’s complexity is something that will live with me forever.
- Soft Cell – Bedsitter. Played eternally when I moved into my first bedsit in 1981. My first time living away from home and starting to discover myself.
- The The – The Lonely Planet. “If you can't change the world. Change yourself. And if you can't change yourself....change the world.”
I now pass the baton onto anyone who reads this, drop me a link to yours in the comments below.