Saturday, April 09, 2005

Memory Maps


With Google's recent development of Google Maps and the rising interest in Flickr (where I host the photos for this blog) a wonderful group has emerged by the name of Memory Maps. These are satellite photos viewed with Flickrs note facility to highlight areas of interest. Indeed by clicking on the adjacent image you will be taken to my memory map, highlighting where I live and a few notable local features. At the moment Google Maps is limited to satellite images of the USA, but Streetmap will give an image where available for the UK.
Well done Hedgehunter, as I predicted earlier in the week, took today's Grand National win and saw me with a tidy profit. Also in the news, Chas & Cam eventually got hitched. The Queen was at the blessing in St. George's Chapel at Windsor, although I can't say that the cameras seemed to hold on her for too long, so difficult to see how well she was looking. I guess we'll have to wait and see if there's any truth in the rumours about her health. Now all that we need to wait and see is if my prediction for the next Pope will be correct. The conclave meets on April 18th, so we should know very soon after that.

No comments: