Saturday, May 14, 2005

Viva Las Selfridges

One of the great things about Flickr is that you often find pictures from things that are happening on your own doorstep that you are otherwise unaware of. Such was the case with the current Vegas promotion going on down at Selfridges on Oxford Street. So, feeling skint again and with a free day, I thought I'd pop along and have a look for myself before it ends tomorrow. I don't really recall Liberace from my youth, but seeing his costumes on display and his diamond encrusted car, I can see myself having a good look on eBay or Amazon pretty soon to find some DVDs or videos as I fancy an evening of camp entertainment.
All round the store Vegas style neon signs directed you to the Showgirls, magicians wandered around the departments and a giant fruit machine came alive every hour, on the hour to keep the shoppers and myself amused. Now, I must go, I got a Liberace DVD to find.

No comments: