Sunday, May 15, 2005

Geoblogging

Flickr is addictive enough as it is without extras being added, not by Flickr though, but by others who are using the API that Flickr have released. This along with the API of Google and the open source facilities of Firefox and Greasemonkey have allowed me to start Geoblogging some of my images. In a nutshell, Geoblogging is a way of linking my photos to a map overlay, so you can see exactly where they were taken. Now I'm not sad enough to Geoblog all my photos, that would take too long, and probably wouldn't actually be that useful due to so many being taken in the same place. However, from now on I will Geoblog the lead image of each Flickr set that I create. Clicking here or on the above image will take you to a Google Map listing all my Geoblogged images.

No comments: